Jesus' Great Commission in Matthew 28:18-20 talks about the primary mission of the church to "make disciples" of all men.
At Covenant we believe that discipleship both formal and informal is at the heart of the Christian experience as we grow together as the Body of Christ. This happens in small groups, larger ones and individually one on one.
Our formal disicpleship happens:
- Through the regular consumption of the preached word - Sunday morning and evening.
- Through our weekly Covenant Community Groups. We eat, pray and learn the Bible together in local neighbourhoods across the city. For locations and current studies, please contact us for details.
- Through our Ladies' Discipleship group. They have their own website here. The posts are not currently updated with the latest sessions, but they can give you an idea of the focus.
- Through our Covenant Leadership Discipleship program. This is an elder-led discipleship program for future leaders in the church.
- Our Bible Circle Sunday school program for young children during the Sunday morning service. This is meant to train our young children to be able to sit in church and to expose them to the Gospel at an accesssible level. Currently, we are using the Children Desiring God curriculum "Jesus What a Saviour"
But, discipleship isn't limited to formal discipleship. Our men and women, leaders and regular members often meet informally for discipleship - for coffee or a meal, perhaps reading a book together, praying or serving with one another.